AMENDMENT 1 Do's and Don'ts
- Do use it at the Hotel, the Library, the Cafe, at Work or anyplace you don't want to be monitored
- Don’t use it to stream Netflix because they block private traffic.
- Do use it to protect your family, friends, and coworkers when searching online, participating in public forums, or shopping for the best prices
- Don't use it to try to buy drugs or engage in illicit activity on the “Dark Web”
- Do use it the next time you visit a political site, register for a rally or protest, or express opinions on such sites
- Don’t use it to intimidate or harass others, engage in hateful speech, or libel your neighbors.
- Do use it to write Fan Fiction, supplement Head Cannon, or participate in artist communities
- Don't use it to illegally share files or start a bit torrent - it may expose you.
- Do use it in conjunction with secure email, messaging, and video platforms
- Don't make the mistake of thinking you are immune from viruses, trojans, and malware simply because you are anonymous
Just remember, it is one thing to exercise your 1st Amendment rights; it is quite another to consciously bring the scrutiny of law enforcement to your online activity.